Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Social Development Director plans, directs and administers the activities of the residential living, recreational and counseling programs that will lead to the student’s independence of the center’s program and ensure that the student is a viable competitor in the job market.
• Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles
• Directs and plans for the Social Development Department needs and secures facilities, materials and staff to adequately administer the residential living, recreational and counseling programs
• Interviews and selects staff; approves promotions, merit increases, transfers, etc., within department. Prepares and conducts performance evaluations
• Plans and controls budgets
• Coordinates building and other physical needs necessary to accomplish the function of the Social Development Program
• Conducts departmental meetings on a regular basis
• Prepares required reports as necessary
• Responsible for approving all student travel requests at center expense
• Insures compliance with EEO, AAP and other contractual goals and objectives
• Develops a planned orientation program for new hires and provides in-service training for departmental staff
• Attends required staff training sessions
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, or work-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years’ broad-based professional Job Corps experience or similar training program, one of which was in a supervisory capacity.
Preferred:Master’s degree in counseling, social services or psychology. Five years’ experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity in the field of education and/or vocational training, social services or rehabilitation.
General Information: In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must have regular attendance.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of counseling, recreational and residential programs. Specific training in sociology, psychology or management preferred. Physical and mental toughness to withstand long hours required. Ability to communicate effectively, establish rapport and relate effectively with students and staff. Ability to direct and inspire both professional and paraprofessional personnel.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.